So apparently they don’t make CrossFit for poor people. I went to the closest CrossFit gym the day I wrote the post about it. I talked to the guy there and I was so excited to start! Then the dude tells me I have to take a “Fundamentals” class… for $150. And then I’d have to pay for the month of CrossFit after that- another $150. Um no thank you, my gym (which is awesome) costs $30/month. So, it’s back to BodyRock for me! BodyRock has a new girl doing the workout videos. She’s pretty aggravating- she half asses all the work outs and she’s not into them, she grinds my gears. BUT the work outs are still good, she’s just not my fave.
This month I am doing 12 minute BodyRocks then weights after. Monday I did this BodyRock (I changed it up just a little) and legs- squats, leg press, leg extensions, lying leg curls, something else (I can’t remember the name- I’ll come back and put it later)
One of my friends asked me to explain the moves- so here’s my attempt of doing that!
Set your interval timer to 12 minutes. 50 Seconds Work / 10 Second Rest minute rest in between rounds.
1. Butterfly Elbow to Knees (like jumping jacks but bring your elbows and knees together)
2. Spidermans (like mountain climbers but open your hips and put your feet more to the side as opposed to straight back)
3. Knee To Opposite Elbow Up and Down Planks
4. Ball abs (in plank position, place feet on Bosu ball, pull ball in to meet your hands, so your butt goes straight into the air)
5. Walking Pushups (do 2 push ups moving right, then 2 moving left)
6. 10 Switch Lunges 10 Squat Jumps using the weight
7. Star Abs (lay like a star with weights in both hands, bring hand up to meet opposite foot)
8. Ball abs and push up
9. Toe Touch Abs
10. 5 Squats with weight 2 Hops Knee To Elbow
11. Plank Jump Over
12. 10 Pogo’s 5 Per Leg (stand on 1 leg, bend and touch ground and jump up)
Then do a million decline abs and leg raises!